200-Hr Vinyasa-Yoga Training
200-Hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training with Kelly Peterson, is an affiliate program of Coral Brown’s Integrative Vinyasa. Comprised of nine weekend intensives, this integrative vinyasa yoga teacher training is designed to take students on a journey of self-inquiry and transformation in which students become teachers who are able to embody the state of yoga with skill, inspiration, and JOY.
The literal translation of the term vinyasa is “to place in a special way” and the conceptual definition of vinyasa revolves around a multi-faceted approach to mindfulness through development of the skills of observation and inquiry. From these definitions, we distill the essence of vinyasa and the foundation of the program: to meet each individual where they are, without judgment, and to cultivate a more embodied sense of self, purpose, and how to use the tools of yoga in a skillful, efficient and effective way.
The program is open to those who are ready to dive deeper into their own practice and understanding of yoga, as well as the lineage from which both have evolved. Students should be willing to examine their own beliefs, within the safe and supported container of the YTT immersion. Upon successful completion, participants will be qualified to register with Yoga Alliance as a 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher.
2019 200-HR Yoga Teacher Training Schedule
9 weekend intensives
January 11-13 + 24-26
March 6-8 + 20 & 21 (no Sunday)
· Fridays 4pm–9pm
· Saturdays & Sundays 8am–5pm
· March 20 + 21 hours are Friday, 4pm–9pm and Saturday 9am–6pm. There are no Sunday hours.
· Foundations of Vinyasa
· History of Yoga
· Yoga Philosophy's Sacred Texts
· Chakras & Subtle Anatomy
· Anatomy & Physiology
· Hands on Assists
· Postural Clinics
· Psychology of Yoga
· Safe, Effective and Inspired Sequencing
· Living Ayurveda and Nutrition
· Pranayama and Meditation
· Practice Teaching
· Business and Ethics of Yoga
· Yoga Spandakarikas by Daniel Odier
· Functional Anatomy of Yoga: A Guide for Practitioners and Teachers by David Keil
· The Bhagavad Gita by Eknath Easwaran
· The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Sri Swami Satchidananda
· Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar
· The Buddha's Brain by Rick Hanson
· Tending the Heart Fire by Shiva Rea
· Tantra Illuminated by Christopher Wallis
· The Radiance Sutras by Lorin Roche
· The Complete Book of Vinyasa Yoga by Srivasta Ramaswami
· Prakriti: Your Ayurvedic Constitution by Robert Svoboda
· The Language of Yoga by Nicholli Bachman
· Chakras: Energy Centers of Transformation by Harish Johari
Cost: $2600 (plus CT Tax)
· 9 weekend intensives with Kelly and guest speakers
· 1 weekend intensive with Senior teacher of Prana Vinyasa Flow and program founder, Coral Brown on the Psychology of Yoga and Chakras
· Teacher Training Manual and supplementary materials
· 10-class pack at ZYB!
· There is no difference in cost whether you pay all upfront or you are on a payment schedule.
Meet the teachers!
Kelly is a Registered Prana Vinyasa Flow® teacher and is certified through an affiliate program of Shiva Rea’s Samudra School taught by senior teacher Coral Brown. She is a certified Mindfulness Ambassador and holds a Masters Degree in Education she has a passion to teach no matter what the subject. For Kelly yoga is truly a practice that is in every moment of everyday. Many things in life are taken too seriously, yoga should not be one of them. She believes in finding a balance in everything you do, creating space, embracing the flow, and eating doughnuts. Kelly is an advocate for kindness, playing outside, and finding joy in every moment.
Coral Brown is a licensed mental health counselor who draws on her extensive experience in yoga, philosophy, and holistic counseling to provide fertile, open space for the process of healing and transformation. Coral is a senior Prana Vinyasa Flow teacher and has also trained in the Iyengar and Jivamukti methods. She leads teacher trainings as well as retreats and workshops worldwide. Coral is a regular contributor to Yoga Journal and is a featured teacher on Yoga Vibes and OneOEight.tv.
For more information or to sign up email email@example.com